I came across Ina Garten's recipe and had to try it!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and 1/2-inch diced (I skipped this ingredient)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup small diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers, seeded (I didn't add this either)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, seeded, peeled, and 1/2-inch diced
Place the tomatoes, yellow pepper, black beans, red onion, jalapeno peppers, and lime zest in a large bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper and pour over the vegetables. Toss well.
Just before serving, fold the avocados into the salad. Check the seasoning and serve at room temperature.
I made this salad for my lunch with garlic bread and saved some for the boys' lunch box the next day.
Quick, delicious, and healthy :-)