Veganize it: Taking a popular food or recipe and making it vegan
Vegan food is all about eating what you know and love in a more compassionate and healthy way. I just had to make a few adjustment to veganize this delicious dessert.
Adapted from The Neelys' recipe
Served with vanilla So Delicious ice cream
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped small
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled vegan butter, cut into pieces (I used 3 tablespoons of Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
InstructionsFor the Filling
Mix all the ingredients together. Place into 7-8 oz ramekins (I used a glass cooking dish).For Topping
Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl. Blend the butter into the mixture until it forms pea size lumps. Stir in pecans and spindle over filling.
Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.