It's been too long since I've shared some of our meals, so I'm back on YouTube to show you the goods.
So Delicious yogurt, granola & apple slices, bagel with Earth Balance
Vegan Tuna Sandwich, Way Better chips & carrots
Vegan Tuna Sandwich
- (2) 15 oz chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 6 Hamburger buns
Grind chickpeas in a food processor for a few seconds. Transfer to a bowl and mix in all the remaining ingredients. Serve on a bun with lettuce and tomato. Enjoy!
Lentils & rice, simple salad
Lentils & Rice
Prep Time: 5
Ingredients (Serves 5)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon All-purpose seasoning blend (I used Flax Seasoning)
- 2 cups dry lentils, rinsed (I usually soak mine in water for about 30 minutes)
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 cups of fresh greens
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Sauté onion and garlic on medium heat for about 4 mins.
2. Add in chili powder and all-purpose seasoning blend.
3. Continue cooking for another minute, then add in lentils and vegetable broth.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat, cover and continue cooking for 15-20, or until lentils are soft.
6. During the last 5 minutes, add in the greens and sun-dried tomatoes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with rice or quinoa.
Watch the full video here and subscribe to my YouTube channel to get more cooking videos and vlogs.
Check out all the previous "What We Ate Today" posts here