This kale salad will take you about 10-12 minutes to put together and includes all accessible ingredients. It's simple, savory and perfect for lunch or a side dish.
Feel free to add in black beans for more protein and also serve with french or pita bread.
Enjoy your own big bowl and don't forget to massage your kale with the oil and vinegar (in the full recipe below) before adding the other ingredients to ensure that it's palatable.
Believe it or not, my boys love kale salad....especially my youngest son, Brandon. I have to double this recipe to satisfy his love for greens.
~*~Full recipe and video below ~*~
Easy Kale Salad
Prep Time: 10
Ingredients (2 as a meal & 5 as a side)
- 2 large bunches of kale - rinsed, stems removed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1/4 cup raw or roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado - skin removed, pitted and cubed
Place kale, oil and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl.
With clean hands, massage the kale in the bowl for 3 minutes.
Add in all the remaining ingredients
Toss everything together with tongs