Since I enjoy reading what other people are doing to move forward with their business and personal goals, I've decided to hold myself accountable with monthly posts about my goals.
I refuse to have my year end like it did in December 2014 - depressed, ashamed and with no real focus.
My theme for the rest of the year is Confidence & Discipline because I really want to grow in those areas.
I've always considered September my new year (instead of January) because it's my born month and I tend to reflect more during this time.
Even though I plan to work on more than 5 tasks, I will keep it simple here and write about no more than 5 here.
- Be present in Costa Rica - For the last couple of years I've struggled with being present while on vacation. I find myself thinking about how I haven't really "earned" a trip (since I'm still building my business) and whether or not we can truly afford it. I'm heading to Costa Rica next week and made the decision ahead of time to not beat myself up! I will instead spend quality time with my extended family and celebrate my dad's 60th birthday with JOY.
- Attend One Live Event - One of the reasons we moved closer to DC nearly a year ago is to get closer to the action. I haven't really done much to get out there, so this month I will get rid of my crazy excuses and attend Vegan Soul Fest or Naturalista Hair Show.
- Promote A New Meal Planning Master Class - I've been working on course materials and a marketing strategy for this class and can't wait to help more families (I did a similar class to this last year) how to plan simple and delicious vegan meals. Get more details about the class here
- Homeschool Plan - Our family isn't new to the homeschool life but we really need to revamp our routine for the new school year. I want more structure and enrichment activities on our weekly schedule. I've been working on paper and in Google Calendar to theme our days to get more out of them.
- Consistency Consistency Consistency - For the last couple of years I've struggled with keeping on a schedule with YouTube, the podcast, being active on social media and writing content here. My issue - I stay in my head and overanalyze to the point that I don't start or finish as much as I should. *shaking my head* I spent the last couple of days working on a content strategy and will work hard to start batching my work to get ahead. This will truly be a process but I'm down for the challenge.
That's it for this month!