I did something incredibly uncomfortable this week!
I went on Good Morning Washington and did not one, but two segments on how to go vegan.
Even though I was stressed the hell out leading up to these interviews (I only had about four days notice), I think they came out pretty good. This was my first time on TV!
I had to take my nerves out of the equation and instead focus on what I can do to get more people to eat plant-based meals.
It was all about the vegan love!
Check out both segments in the vid below...
In the first segment, I went over some tips on how to go vegan (not in this order, but here are the talking points I gave the producer):
- Get clear on WHY you want to go vegan -- health, protest factory farming, protect the planet, etc.
- Make the decision that this is the lifestyle for you -- You will always flip back and forth or make excuses about why you can't do it.
- Explore your grocery store in a new way -- Try to spend the majority of your time in the produce department and shop the perimeter.
- Always make sure you have a plan -- what will you eat at home/work and how you will handle eating out.
- Always focus on what you CAN eat and not what you CAN'T eat -- There's so much variety as a vegan.
- Get support -- use social media & YouTube for recipes and tips and/or have a friend/family member join you.
- Be gentle with yourself - Understand this is a process and will take time to get used to grocery shopping, meal planning & cooking in this new & exciting way.
In the second segment we did a quick food demo:
I'm so thankful and excited to continue to do this work!