Breakfast is the simplest meal of the day for us.
No seriously, I keep it on autopilot.
I have things to do like sleep in (*sigh*) or scrolling through Baller Alert's Instagram from bed (*side eye*).
Anywho, enough about me and my bad habits...
This post (and above) video is about how to plan a simple vegan breakfast each week.
Notice I said each week and not daily meal planning.
I actually only plan our breakfast about 4 times a month because we typically eat the same breakfast each day for a week.
Seriously, no one complains...
Plus this method works really well for saving time and money. We can all use more of each
Here are 10 easy breakfast combinations that you can serve your family:
- Toast/Bagels (check ingredients to ensure there's no eggs, dairy or honey) + Fresh fruit or Smoothie
- Vegan Pancakes + Fresh fruit
- Grits + Tempeh bacon
- Cereal with almond milk (here's a list of vegan-friendly cereals) + Fresh fruit
- Tofu scramble + Vegan sausage (Field Roast & Tofurky are options) + Fresh fruit
- Oatmeal with vegan margarine or coconut oil, fresh fruit, cinnamon, raw sugar/agave nectar
- Roasted potatoes + Sautéed spinach + Fresh fruit
- Vegan Waffles (if you don't want to make a homemade waffle, Vans has a vegan pre-packed option) + Fresh fruit
- Coconut yogurt (So Delicious is a good brand) + Granola + Fresh fruit
- Vegan muffins + Fresh fruit
You're probably already eating the same breakfast each week anyway, so continue that traditional right into your vegan lifestyle.
Keep it simple and veganize some of your current favorite breakfast meals to get started.