Future monthly intentions posts will be on my new business website, This Biz Life
I started this series to hold myself accountable on monthly goals and as a chance to reflect on the previous month. I want to focus on a more intentional life.
Check out my goal posts from the last several months here.
My three words for 2016 are:
January was the first month in a long time that I didn't feel like the time just flew by. I wasn't as productive as I wanted to be (I never feel productive enough), but it was nice not to look at the calendar and feel like the month raced by.
WHAT HAPPENED WITH MY GOALS FROM LAST MONTH...
- Cook dinner for my parents [NOPE] Snow sidetracked those plans *blah*
- Read a new book [DONE] I finished Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- Launch Zero to Vegan 14-Day Boot Camp [DONE] Woo hoo! I think the boot camp went well...especially since I didn't have much time to promote it (traveled for work). I will bring it back at the end of February. You can register for your spot here
- Visit Niagara Falls while in NY for a speaking gig [DONE] :-)
- Walk/Yoga/Light Weights for at least 15 mins a day [NOPE] There was no excuse for me to at least do yoga from the comfort of my home. *sigh*
LESSONS LEARNED THIS MONTH
- Outsourcing is crucial if I want to grow my business and stay consistent - I had some design and editing help done and it felt so good to only focus on the content and not the other little stuff. Outsourcing will definitely be a priority going forward. It just doesn't make sense to try to do everything myself anymore when I want to grow.
- Just start, then come back later to mend any loose ends - this applies to every aspect of my business
5 GOALS FOR THE NEW MONTH
- Lights out by 11 PM during the week - I want to get on a solid 5 AM schedule Monday-Friday. I find myself watching shows/movies and scrolling social media at night, so the first step is turning off all electronics by 11 to get up on time. Wish me luck!
- Read a new book -Will probably read The Big Leap
- Get my butt on Pinterest - I feel like the last person in my industry who isn't using Pinterest very much to expand my reach. I paid for a Pinterest course last year, so I will spend the month learning the info and applying it to my business.
- Meal plan every.single.week. - I fell off big time with our family's weekly meal planning. We've been spending way too much money eating out and just grabbing enough food for the day from the grocery store. It happens but it's time to get back in the kitchen!
- Do something FUN with the boys - It's so easy to stay in the house all the time (especially since the weather is trash), so I have to get the boys out for a fun activity.
HOW I DID ON CONSISTENCY GOALS -
- 2 blog posts [DONE] I posted 11 Tips to Go Vegan This Year & What Does A Vegan Breakfast Look Like? Tips + Recipes
- 2 YouTube videos [DONE] It felt good to finally get back to YouTube in January. I posted How to Go Vegan | 6 Simple Tips & Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg Review
Write outline for What We Ate Today ebook [DONE] The outline is done, but I will probably wait until early March to get started on this ebook
CONSISTENCY GOALS FOR FEBRUARY (my consistency goals consist of blogging, YouTube & product/service creation)
- 2 blog posts
- 2 YouTube videos
- 2 free virtual workshops (make sure you're on the mailing list, so you can be notified -Join the list here
- Launch Zero to Vegan again at the end of the month
That's it for this month!
What are you looking forward to in the new month? Let me know in the comments.