...because like my mom, I don't like when movies are remade. I can handle remixed classic music (or flat out stolen-ala Kanye) but leave my movies alone. My mom introduced me to Sparkle when I was about 16 and I've been in love ever since.
I watched the original on Youtube last night.
My favorite lines/scenes....
(1) Love this song & performance
(2) Announcer: "Some neighborhood kids got together and started a new group. So here they are without further ado...that sensational singing group-The Farts."
Stix: "The HARTS!"
Announcer: "I..I mean The Harts"
(3) Sparkle: I ain't never been in a hotel room before."
Stix: "We getting too big to be making love on the roof....besides it's getting too cold." lol
(4) Sparkle: Give you a chance? Wanna know something funny? When you first left, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to live without you. Yeah, I used to sit in this room and wondered if I would ever get through another second. Can you imagine a person so unhappy? To not know if they'd live through another second? I got through the second, Stix. Minutes, days, months, weeks. I'm doing fine without you. Just fine."
(5) Mama: "He's just gonna drag you to the gutter with him."
Sister: "The gutter? How can you say that? He's as big time as you can get."
The soundtrack is awesome and Sparkle & Stix's chemistry is fiyah!
Ms. Waters was too nosy, I wanted to fight Satin, and I hate how Sister did Levi. *sigh*
Are you planning to see the new Sparkle?