I love eating out and I don't let being a vegan slow that down for me.
In the beginning of this journey I did because it was just too much to think about and I didn't like asking the server a million questions. It feel like it was taking away from the experience. *sigh*
Anywho, like I said, I love eating out.
In this podcast episode, I give you tips to feel more comfortable about eating out at restaurants and family/work-related events.
- Check out the restaurant’s menu online before you get to the restaurant
- Use happycow.net to find vegan-friendly restaurants near you
- Think about what the chef has in the kitchen
- Don’t be afraid to make a meal out of side dishes
- Bring a dish to the event, so you’re guaranteed to have something to eat
- Eat before you go and after you leave- keep emergency snacks in the car because life is too short to be hungry
Get more tips on this vegan date night post