I made this recipe for lunch and stretched it out for about 4 days. It's so simple and delicious and the perfect combination of vegetables and quinoa.
Quinoa is an excellent source of protein, fiber, and calcium and priced comparable to rice. According to The World Health Organization, quinoa is a better source of protein than cow's milk because your body is better able to digest vegetable protein than those from animal properties.
- 1.5 cups dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (other other cooking oil)
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup olives, minced (I skipped this ingredients because I didn't have olives on hand)
- 1/2 cup basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- Rinse quinoa and add 3 cups of water to either a rice cooker or sauce pan on a stovetop. Cook for 25 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Dice the cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and basil, and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, fluff and add to the bowl of vegetables.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, and sea salt and pour dressing over quinoa mixture.
- Let flavors marinate for 5-10 minutes before serving
Recipe adapted from Daily Garnish