Check out the original blog post with this recipe here.
Keywords: bake dessert vegan vegetarian pie
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped small
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled vegan butter, cut into pieces (I used 3 tablespoons of Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
InstructionsFor the Filling
Mix all the ingredients together. Place into 7-8 oz ramekins (I used a glass cooking dish).For Topping
Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl. Blend the butter into the mixture until it forms pea size lumps. Stir in pecans and spindle over filling.
Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.