This macaroni & cheese recipe is still my go-to recipe, but sometimes I don't have the time or patience to deal with the multiple steps.
On those days, I use a much simpler and just as delicious option....
I adapted this recipe from Atlanta's Soul Vegetarian Restaurant and made it creamier by adding in vegan cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
Here's a picture of what happened the first time I made this recipe for lunch...
The family approved!
It's funny how things change-I used to think of macaroni & cheese as a side dish, now I see it as the main entree with two vegetables on the side.
Simple Vegan Macaroni & Cheese
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 20
Keywords: bake entree vegan
Ingredients (8 Servings)
- (1) 1lb box elbow macaroni
- 2 cups soymilk
- 3/4 cup vegan margarine or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow or dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- ½ cup vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon season salt (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400º
Bring a pot of water to a boil and add in macaroni. Cook until al dente-about 7 minutes.
2. Blend everything except vegan margarine and cheese.
3. Once everything is combined, pour the margarine in the blender slowly.
4. Mix the pasta with the sauce and cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes.
This recipe is inspired by Soul Vegetarian Restaurant in Atlanta, GA
Check out their video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhulOmHr3Kc
Song playing while cooking...
Sade-By Your Side
Subscribe to my Youtube channel