I’ve been working on not using the word “vegan” when I post a video recipe or blog post. There’s something about that word that stops too many people dead in their tracks. Words like “gross” “too healthy” and “bland” come to mind…at least that’s what I’ve heard.
Sometimes the food can seem different, but overall, you’re eating a lot of the same dishes you enjoy right now.
This roasted potatoes recipe is a perfect example…..
All 3 of my sons love this recipe for breakfast with fruit and/or tempeh bacon. Simple, delicious and so filling. Enjoy! :-)
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 large Idaho potatoes, washed and chopped into cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Place chopped potatoes in a large bowl and cover with water.
2. Allow to sit for 20 minutes (to remove the starch.)
3. Preheat the oven at 425º
4. Drain the potatoes and pat dry with a clean kitchen cloth.
5. Rinse and dry the bowl and put the potatoes back into it.
6. Mix in the olive oil, making sure that all of the potatoes are coated.
7. Then mix all the spices together in a small bowl and add to the potatoes until
8. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet
9. Bake for 20-25, flipping them over after about 15 mins.