It's been way too long since I've made a cooking video on my YouTube channel. I finally got motivated to film yesterday and plan to get back into the full swing in the coming weeks.
I pulled together an awesome skillet meal heavily inspired by this creamy pasta recipe from Divas Can Cook. Instead of using heavy cream and cheese I opted for canned coconut to give the pasta a delicious and creamy texture. You don't have to worry about an overwhelming coconut flavor in this recipe. I also used vegan sausage to make this meal completely plant-based, simple and delicious.
Vegan Sausage & Kale Pasta
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 3 cups mini bow-tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for sautéing)
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 vegan sausage links (I use Field Roast), chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ cup canned coconut milk (add more, if necessary)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 cups raw kale, steams removed & ripped into bite-sized pieces
- salt & pepper to taste (I add mine at the end)
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil, add in pasta and cook until al dente.
In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic on medium heat until the onion is soft. Sprinkle in red pepper flakes. Next add in vegan sausage and tomato and warm together for about 3 minutes. Then stir in coconut milk and parsley and cook for 2 minutes. Mix in pasta and kale and finish cooking for 3-4 minutes medium heat.
Optional: Add in more coconut milk to make a creamier sauce
Season with salt and pepper if necessary