Remember that 90s infomercial with the "Set it and Forget It" tagline?
Well that's exactly what you will do once you toss all the ingredients for this chili into a slow cooker. Gon' bout your business
I used to love the smell of chili simmering in the slow cooker when I came home from middle school back in the day.
Chili is one of those recipes that is super easy to veganize because most of the ingredients are naturally vegan. If you prefer ground beef in yours, you can easily switch that out with a vegan version from brands like Beyond Meat and Gardein.
So go ahead - set it and forget it!
wHAT do you serve with your chili? Let me know in the comments.
Song playing while I prepped the veggies:
Ginuwine: So Anxious
Click below to watch the video.....
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 6-8
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 lb kidney beans, soaked for 8 hours-then drained & rinsed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced (add seeds based on how spicy you want the chili to be)
- 1 package of vegan meatless crumbles (optional)
Add all the the ingredients into a slow cooker except for the vegan crumbles and jalapeno.
Turn on and cook for 6-8 hours or until the kidney beans are soft.
During the last 30 minutes, mix in the crumbles and jalapeno. Also, check your seasoning and add more salt, if necessary.