This delicious salad is simple, has all accessible ingredients and doesn't break the bank.
Serve with pita bread and/or red wine.
Let me know what you think once you try it!
Chickpea & Black Bean Salad
Ingredients (Serves 5)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
Mix together with a spoon and cover for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Serve with pita bread
Recipe adapted from All Recipes