Can vegans eat scrambled eggs? Yes ma'am!
I remember hearing rumors about a vegan scrambled egg about 2 years ago and Follow Your Heart finally launched it!
So why not just scramble a chicken egg?
- Vegan eggs are more sustainable - 1 dozen chicken eggs = 6.6 worth of greenhouse gas emissions
- Eating eggs is animal cruelty - This article breaks down the horrors of the egg industry
- High in saturated fat & cholesterol; which increases your chance of heart disease & diabetes This video sums up (in 60 secs) why eggs aren't healthy...
What is the Follow Your Heart vegan egg made out of? The first 3 ingredients are whole algal flour (ingredient derived from algae), whole algal protein and modified cellulose
The product is gluten-free, non-GMO and soy-free
I will say that I've never been a fan of scrambled eggs, so my opinion may be biased because of this. lol
Many people in my YouTube comments had great success with the product, so if you're a egg lover this may be perfect for you.
Watch me prep, scramble and eat the scrambled eggs with my kids below...
- Use a blender to make "fluffier" eggs
- Black salt will give it more of an "egg" flavor
- Be sure to also use other seasonings that you would typically use when making your eggs
- Make sure you're using COLD water to make the eggs
- Practice makes perfect - don't give up if it doesn't work the first couple of times.
Check out my previous review with using the vegan egg in baking recipes here