Future monthly intentions posts will be on my new business website, This Biz Life
I started this series to hold myself accountable on monthly goals and as a chance to reflect on the previous month. I want to focus on a more intentional life.
Check out my goal posts from the last several months here.
This month went waaay too fast! A lot of goodness happened in my personal life, but business work was definitely put on the back burner. I guess that is to be expected with all the holidays. I really don't know why I said I would so much biz work in December in my November post. lol
On the business side, I'm looking forward to the new year and plan to bring you even more easy recipes, virtual workshops, ebooks, more videos and super easy tips on how to embrace vegan life with your family.
In my personal life, I am looking forward to being more present, eating better, paying off debt, saving money, and being more happy and confident.
What I Will Leave Behind in 2015
I spent about an hour reflecting on this last year and I feel pretty happy about all of the growth that I've had. Sometimes it's hard for me to remember everything that happened over the course of a year but man it was overall a great year for me (especially in my personal life).
While listening to Myleik Teele talk about what we should leave behind in 2015 on her podcast, I decided to come up with my own quick list.
I will leave behind:
- Comparing myself to others
- Silly tears (I'm way too sensitive)
- Body shaming myself
- Doing things that don't excite me
- Making excuses
- Using money as the only measure of my success (my impact is a much better metric)
What happened on my goals from last month...
Walk daily - [NOT QUITE] I started off okay but as time went on I completely fell off. I can't even blame the weather because December was unseasonably warm here in DC.
Get a part-time job - [DONE] I started a part-time job in early December and let me know tell I wasn't ready! *Kevin Hart voice* OMG! Even though I don't work a lot, it's hard being committed to someone else's schedule. This is definitely an adjustment since I haven't worked for someone else in a few years.
Take family portraits - [DONE] :-)
Read 2 books - [NOPE] I'm still working on Shonda Rhimes' Year of Yes, but I did read It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want to Be (super short book).
Attend TWO fun social events - [DONE] I went to my first Wizards game and saw Kid Fury & Crissle at The Read Live
Overall, I didn't get everything done, but I do feel refreshed going into the new year.
5 Goals for the new month
- Cook dinner for my parents
- Finish reading a new book (or 2 lol)
- Launch Zero to Vegan 14-Day Boot Camp (you can register here)
- Visit Niagara Falls while in NY for a speaking gig (If you're in the Buffalo area come see me! Get your tix here)
- Walk/Yoga/Light Weights for at least 15 mins a day
How I did on consistency goals -
- 3 YouTube videos - [NOPE] I can't believe I had such a hefty YouTube goal. I didn't even record anything in December. Chile! lol
- 4 podcast episodes [NOPE] I decided to only do the podcast when I finish all of my other required work for the month.
- 2 blog posts [YES] Being Vegan is Not Boring & 3 Other Myths and How to Boost Your Confidence in the Kitchen
- 1 virtual workshop [NOPE]
Consistency goals for January
- 2 blog posts
- 2 YouTube videos
- Write outline for new product, What We Ate Today
That's it for this month!
What are you looking forward to this year? Let me know in the comments.