The holidays are coming, so I had to invite Tracye McQuirter on the podcast to talk about how to navigate a vegan lifestyle during this season.
Tracye is a 30-year vegan, national best-selling author, public health nutritionist, international speaker, and vegan trailblazer. She was named a national food hero changing the way America eats for the better by Vegetarian Times, and her national best-seller, By Any Greens Necessary, was the number one recommended vegan book on The Huffington Post. For 25 years, she's been teaching people throughout the United States and abroad how and why to go vegan for better health. She's been featured in more than 100 media outlets, including CBS News, Fox News, The Huffington Post, and The Washington Post. Tracye has a master's degree in public health nutrition from New York University.
- Be gentle with yourself and others - RELAX!
- Never talk about veganism at the Thanksgiving dinner table
- Bring enough food for yourself and others
- It's okay not to eat traditional Thanksgiving meals...even though you sure can do that!
Notable Quote from Tracye: "Liberate your mind and your mouth will follow."
Other topics we chatted about:
- The importance of determining your why when you're going vegan
- Why community is essential to a long-term vegan life
- How veganism is a black movement
How to Reach Tracye:
Meetup.com - to find vegans in your area
Sistah Vegan book