Special offer for my listeners! Get Michelle's vegan dessert book & bonus recipes for an amazing discount here.
- Why good food is incredible vegan activism
- What dishes you should bring to your family's Thanksgiving table
- How to replace ingredients to serve a traditional vegan Thanksgiving
- How to deal with family backlash
- Why Thanksgiving is all about the side dishes - no need for turkey!
Reach Vegan Cooking with Love:
~*~Special offer for my listeners! Get Michelle's vegan dessert book & bonus recipes for an amazing discount here.~*~
Resources mentioned in this episode:
How Not to Die book
Earth Balance vegan margarine
Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg
Michelle's first interview on the show
Michelle's tofu marinade recipe
Colleen Patrick Goudreau's podcast
Michelle's "How to Go Vegan" blog post and free workbook
Gardein fishless filets
Bob's Red Mill egg replacer
happycow.net website (there's an app, too)
Field Roast sausage
Vegan Tip of the Week -- How to replace sour cream
1) Buy it in the store- Tofutti is the brand I see most often
2) Make your own with coconut milk -
*15 oz can full-fat coconut milk
*1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
*1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Put the unopened can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Open the can and remove the creamy coconut on top (you can use the water for smoothies).
Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl and serve as usual.
3) Make your own sour cream with raw cashews -
*1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours
*1/2 to 1 cup water (Start with 1/2 cup -- add more water if necessary to make it smooth)
*2 tsp fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
*1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.