In this episode, I share tips on how to save money as a vegan.
- Shop at your regular grocery store for essentials like spinach, potatoes, etc. and only shop health food stores for harder to find items like nutritional yeast, meat alternatives, etc.
- Get your butt in the kitchen and cook
- Plan for leftovers -- I usually plan 4-5 dinners each week then stretch those out to save money and time
- Just because you're eating vegan, it doesn't mean everything has to be organic --- buy what you can afford. Check out the Environmental Working Group's list of produce that are sprayed the most.
- Keep it simple. There's no need to be a gourmet chef every night. Simple meals like tacos, spaghetti, and stew are simple and filling. Save the elaborate meals for the weekend.
- Plan your meals
Check out Zero to Vegan