Vegan grocery haul alert!
In this haul, I use Instacart to bring groceries to our house while I worked on a project.
Instacart is amazing! You just use the app to order and pay for your groceries, and they send someone to shop and deliver the food to you.
In this grocery haul, I spent about $200 at Whole Foods.
Of course, you don't have to shop at places like Whole Foods to be vegan -- Wal-Mart, Trader Joe's, Safeway, Kroger and Aldi all have vegan options.
Related: Check out this podcast episode I did sharing tips on how to save money on your grocery bill.
Get the vegan starter kit (it's free)
Vegan tips, recipes and resources
Click below to watch the full video...
Did you notice how I butchered "Worcestershire" in this video? After filming, I watched a YouTube tutorial, and practiced saying it for 15 minutes. I can finally pronounce it right now! At least I think so lol
Resources mentioned in the video:
- I used the Field Roast vegan cheese & sausage in this video in my previous video for One-Pot Cheesy Sausage & Pasta.
- Eggplant bacon recipe from Minimalist Baker
- Raw apple peanut butter protein bars from JJ Smith's book, Green Smoothies for Life (not all recipes in the book are vegan) -- The full recipe is on Divas Can Cook
- Roasted potatoes recipe
- TofuXpress — I use this to press our tofu
- The Worcestershire sauce in the video (Whole Foods' 360 brand) is vegan. Most of the conventional brands of Worcestershire sauce contains anchovies, so be sure to check the ingredients.